Bishop High School National Honor Society
Bishop High School chapter of the National Honor Society is a nationally affiliated organization. To be eligible for election to membership, candidates must:
- Presently enrolled in Bishop High School in grades 10 through 12.
- Maintain an unweighted minimum cumulative grade point average of 89.5.
- Demonstrate volunteer or service hours each month.
- Preserve an excellent record of behavior in and out of school.
- Actively participate in leadership roles in both school and the community.
- No known or documented cases of poor academic character or integrity.
- If you have any additional questions, please contact the NHS faculty advisor, Mrs. Robin Robertson, at 361-584-2547, or via e-mail at: email@example.com
Membership is based on a five-point program of Scholarship, Character, Leadership and Community Service and School Service. Meetings will be held once or twice a month during ____________ and NHS members are required to attend. In addition, NHS members will actively participate during the service projects held outside of school hours. Requirements regarding attendance at meetings and active participation during the school service projects can be found in the Bylaws. For more information, please visit the National Honor Society Website.
A meeting calendar is posted here: ________________.
Induction into the Bishop High School National Honor Society takes place in the fall. Sophomores, Juniors and Seniors with a cumulative grade point average of 89.5 are eligible to apply to NHS. Those students will receive notification with instructions regarding the application process. Students are given one week to complete the application. A faculty council convenes to review the applications and to determine if the student meets the standards set out by the National Honor Society and Bishop High School.